Forum

FOIA request from American Transparency
Last Post 02/26/2016 12:58 PM by Kathryn Hagaman. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Max Engle
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
02/26/2016 11:31 AM
    Has anyone else received this FIOA request? What are you doing for it

michigan@openthebooks.com Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    Reply-To: michigan@openthebooks.com
    To: mengle@chocolay.org
    You have received an e-mail message from the Township directory page.

Sender name: Steven
    Email address: michigan@openthebooks.com

Contact Number: (630) 308-0185

Dear Open Records Compliance Officer,

Pursuant to the Open Records Act/Freedom of Information Act, this is a request for a copy of the following records: An electronic copy of any and all employees for year of 2015, (fiscal or calendar year). Each employee record should contain the employer name; employer zip code; year of compensation; first name, middle initial, last name; hire date (mm-dd-yyyy); gross annual (fiscal or calendar) wages (including but not limited to salary, over-time wages); position; etc. (etc.: means any other public data available, as to not require the agency to have to remove data from existing records.) This data should be broken down by employer, employee and year.

Thank you for your prompt consideration of my request. If you have any questions, or if I can be of any assistance, please e-mail me at Michigan@openthebooks.com.

Sincerely,
    Steven Schupbach - FOIA Service Manager
    American Transparency
    P.O. Box 970999
    Boca Raton, FL 33497-0999
    www.OpenTheBooks.com
    Elaine Denton

--
    02/26/2016 11:41 AM
    The Village of Middleville has received this FOIA request twice now. BS&A created a report for us last year through our payroll system. All I needed to do this year was to change the dates and email the report to American Transparency. It only took a few minutes and we did not charge them a fee. Perhaps if you use BS&A, they could make sure you have the same report format.
    Julia Stonestreet

--
    02/26/2016 11:43 AM
    I have received this request twice, once last year and once this year. It was so prevalent last year the BS&A wrote a special report so that all we had to do was put in a few pieces of information and it runs.

As with most FOIA request this could have been a pain without BS&A help.
    Lisa Hathaway

--
    02/26/2016 11:45 AM
    Yes, twice for us too. You need to reply. Our payroll system permits an export to an excel spreadsheet and only takes a couple minutes.

Lisa Hathaway
    lhathaway@gpwmi.us
    Dendra Best

--
    02/26/2016 12:28 PM
    Kudos to all for open government and transparency!
    Kimberly Keesler

--
    02/26/2016 12:32 PM
    This is the second year we received this request. Since we do not generate that type of document through our normal process and you do not have to create a special report to fulfill a FOIA request, I responded with the following email, "We are unable to fulfill your request because a document containing the information you are requesting does not exist."

Hope that helps!
    Kim Keesler
    Kathryn Hagaman

--
    02/26/2016 12:58 PM
    I have received several of these FOIA requests from American Transparency. I keep denying their request because we do not have any electronic versions for the information they are requesting.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.