Forum

Electronic Poll Books
Last Post 10/03/2017 03:16 PM by Pamela (Pam) Aalderink. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Deborah Luskin

--
10/03/2017 09:32 AM
    I am working on a 3 year budget for elections and I was wondering if anyone who received their electronic poll books back in 2010 have had to replace these laptops yet. I am anticipating that there is a life expectancy to them, but I am unsure whether to budget for new laptops in 2018 or if I can wait until 2020. If you have replaced your laptops recently would you please reply with when you replaced them as well as what you paid for new laptops? If you have not replaced your electronic poll books have you given any consideration on when you expect to replace them and would you please let me know what you think. Any information is very much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Debbie Luskin
    Max Engle
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/03/2017 11:01 AM
    I received my e-pollbooks in 2012 and replaced them this year. Most computer electronics you can figure 5-7 years. I was having trouble with 1 of mine so I replaced both of them. I now am using the old ones as backup, and training purposes.
    Pamela (Pam) Smith

--
    10/03/2017 02:23 PM
    We will soon be working with our purchasing department on replacing EPB's starting next year. We will probably be replacing half then and then the next half the following year. We have 27 precincts. I have not looked into requirements, etc. at this point.
    Mary Clark

--
    10/03/2017 02:29 PM
    Last year we switched out our original epb computers from 2010 to our newer Help Desk laptops we had purchased in 2012. We are planning to replace all 16 epb and 16 Help Desk laptops prior to the 2020 election. (Delta Township sets aside $25,000 each year for election related tabulators, electronics, etc. - We began in 2012 with this elections fund in anticipation of needed equipment expenditures.)
    Pamela (Pam) Aalderink

--
    10/03/2017 03:16 PM
    Our EPB was recently updated and now had a black screen. Evidently called the Black Screen of Death. Has anyone had to dispose of their EPB and if yes how was it done?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.