Forum

Council Agendas - Cut off Time
Last Post 10/10/2017 12:33 PM by Crystal Sovey. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Kim Biegalle

--
10/09/2017 02:21 PM
    Wondering who puts together your agenda's? City Manager, Mayor, Clerk, a combination of all? Do you allow for anyone to call in and ask for themselves, or a topic, to be put on an agenda? OR Do they have to go through a Council member to do so? Do you have a cut off time when putting agenda's together? A time when you no longer allow for any more additions to be added to an agenda? Do yo have these types of questions/rules addressed through some kind of Council by-law that was passed? Any information would be helpful. Thank you all in advance!
    Pamela (Pam) Smith

--
    10/09/2017 02:37 PM
    The agenda process starts at our weekly staff meeting where we add items to our "future meeting schedule" which is a working document that is ongoing to add/remove items for future meetings. The deadline is supposed to be Thursday at noon but we will allow staff or attorney to add something last minute as long as we have it or know about it by Friday morning. Our agenda and packet is finalized the Friday prior to a Monday meeting.
    Cortney Hanson

--
    10/09/2017 02:39 PM
    Our Clerk's Office and Manager's Office work together to put our agendas/packets together. The Manager's Office approves what goes on the agenda and they also do a review of each packet item to ensure it has everything it needs. The Clerk's Office just does the scanning and combining for electronic packets.

Our meetings are Monday evenings, and the packet is put together and released on the Thursday before. We have a deadline of noon the Monday before the meeting (a whole week) but not a single department follows it and the deadline ultimately becomes Thursday. That is written in our Council Rules.

Department heads and Council members can request an item be on the agenda, not just anyone.
    Janice Pockrandt

--
    10/09/2017 04:47 PM
    Do not feel alone with this. It is always my goal to get the council packet out the Thursday prior to the council meeting. Many times the deadline ins missed by the department heads. I am really interested in hearing what others have to say as well to this. I do understand that items come up that needed to be added at the last minute, but a deadline needs to be adhered to or what is the point in having one???
    Gladys Bybee

--
    10/09/2017 04:55 PM
    We have a Rules of Procedure for City Commission Meetings. With that said, our City Manager still adds things at 4:55 on Friday's. I would be happy to email it to you. My email is gbybee@cityofbuchanan.com
    I remind all of it and pass it out continuously.
    Gladys
    Elizabeth (Beth) Grohman

--
    10/10/2017 08:46 AM
    The Village Manager and I put the agenda together. The manager and the council as well as the committeesl will have items they want put on the agenda and then they are required to supply me with written back up. The department heads supply me with reports. Agendas go out on Thursdays and cut is Wednesday by 4 p.m. if a resident asks for something on the agenda and has back up, I get it approved by the Village President. I usually will encourage the public to come to a meeting and bring it up during public comment or send a letter, then the Council will decide how they will handle the matter.
    Sommer Engelter

--
    10/10/2017 09:35 AM
    Our Agenda is put together by myself (Clerk) and the Manager. Council members bring additional topics to the Manager to be added. On occasion they will call me directly but usually it all goes through the Manager first. I try to get the agenda out the day before the meeting but honestly a lot of times it doesn't go out until the morning of due to additions.
    Crystal Sovey

--
    10/10/2017 12:33 PM
    I put together the agenda and board packets. The Supervisor is a large contributor to this process. The deadline is Thursday at noon for a Monday meeting. The agenda is then sent out at the end of the day on Thursday. It makes for a much less hectic Monday this way. There are always exceptions and when there are the items are added at the board meeting.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.