Forum

After Election Day
Last Post 11/10/2017 12:24 PM by Melanie Ryska. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lavonna Wenzel

--
11/08/2017 12:25 PM
    Hello everyone! This was my first election as city clerk and I am just wondering what does everyone do after the big day, besides reporting it to the papers, and having it on the website. Does anyone do anything special for your new board members, when do they get sworn in, is there something I need to do or say at the next meeting? So many questions!! Reaching out for suggestions and direction. Thank you so much!
    Mary Clark

--
    11/08/2017 12:49 PM
    Your City Charter should tell you when the elected become officially in office. January 1? November 15?

We post link to our county website for official results as everything is always "unofficial" until the Board of Canvassers canvass the election results.

As a Township we usually have a special meeting posted to swear in board members at a time that their families can attend, have photo opportunities, small refreshments, etc. Needs to be done before their first official council meeting.
    Melanie Ryska

--
    11/10/2017 12:24 PM
    Welcome to Clerkdom!

The Chief Judge of our local District Court swears in the newly elected officials at a special meeting the Tuesday after the Election, per our Charter.

About a week after that they are invited to an orientation, where they meet directors and managers, and visit the different buildings throughout the city. They are also brought up to date on procedures and new developments in the city.

We encourage all newly elected officials to attend training through MML so they can better serve in their new positions. https://www.mml.org/sites/Members/Event_Display.aspx?EventKey=17K01

Good luck to you!! :-)

mryska@sterling-heights.net
    You are not authorized to post a reply.