Forum

Resolutions - where to keep them?
Last Post 07/13/2017 02:28 PM by Lee Ann Clausen. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Crystal Sovey

--
03/18/2014 12:05 PM
    Where do most municipalities keep their resolutions?

When I became Clerk, there was a separate resolution book and a reference/synopsis of the resolution was placed in the minutes.

I have been placing the full resolution in the Board meeting minutes and placing an additional copy in the resolution book.

The book is now filled and if I don't need to purchase a new one then I won't.
    Tema Lucero

--
    03/18/2014 12:42 PM
    Hi Crystal -

I'm not sure if the way do it is the right way either, but we keep all of ours in binders two years at a time. Our minutes reflect the resolution and when it was passed. Our minutes are kept in the same way, binders two years at a time.

After institute last week I think that is wrong too. Someone mentioned it's supposed to be printed on special paper and stored in special books....I'll be interested to see what the other responses are!

TJ
    City of Mt Morris

Katelyn Zeits

--
    07/13/2017 09:59 AM
    Hi Everyone!

Quick question and I think I may already know the answer, but how do you keep your resolutions? In a separate binder or simply as part of your packet which is stored as a permanent document? If you are becoming digital in your office, will your practice be changing?

Thank you for your help!

Katie Zeits
    Deputy City Clerk
    City of Traverse City
    kzeits@traversecitymi.gov
    Jacqueline Beaudry

--
    07/13/2017 12:01 PM
    We just keep them with the packet. We are electronic, but we are still filing paper packets for the permanent record.
    Christine Dennis

--
    07/13/2017 01:30 PM
    All of our original signed resolutions are filed in the minute book which makes a specific resolution difficult to locate unless you remember exactly when it was approved. I am currently working on a resolution book where the resolutions are referenced by subject matter. I am creating both a digital and a paper copy of the book. Currently, the book is an index, however I still have to go to the appropriate set of minutes to locate the actual resolution.
    Kristen Baxter

--
    07/13/2017 02:02 PM
    Our originals are kept in the minute book, but we maintain a Resolution Book where there is an index for each year and a copy of each Resolution.

Lee Ann Clausen

--
    07/13/2017 02:28 PM
    We keep the original in a separate indexed Resolution Book, and a copy in the Council Packet, along with a digital copy internally.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.