Forum

Food Truck
Last Post 05/13/2016 02:55 PM by Linda Casperson. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mary Kotowski

--
09/02/2015 11:48 AM
    I am looking for information on your policies and ordinances on food truck. If you license Food trucks are they licensed like peddlers, ice cream trucks with a route, under special event permits. Is there an annual fee? Is the permit by event, for a specific number of days.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Mary Kotowski
    St. Clair Shore City Clerk

marya@scsmi.net
    Mary Clark

--
    09/02/2015 11:58 AM
    We are researching the same topic so I will be interested to see the responses. Currently Delta Township treats food trucks as licensed peddlers which severely limits the days per year - two 15 day permits are allowed each year.
    Mary R Clark
    Delta Charter Township Clerk
    M. Aileen Dickson

--
    09/02/2015 12:45 PM
    Troy has two ordinances that apply to your question. Our Temporary Merchant ordinance regulates food trucks. Our Solicitations ordinance regulates ice cream trucks. The distinction is that food trucks are usually stationary in a parking lot whereas ice cream trucks typically are roaming the city.
    Here are the links for the chapters on Troy's website:

Temporary Merchant Businesses: http://troymi.gov/Portals/0/Files/C.../CH061.pdf

Solicitations: http://troymi.gov/Portals/0/Files/CodeAndCharter/Code/CH074.pdf
    Cheltzi Wilson

--
    09/02/2015 03:20 PM
    Attached is a copy of ours ordinance and Food Truck license. We actually have 2 different licenses as if they want to be in the parks we have a licenses and if they want to be in other parts of town they have to complete another.
    Elizabeth (Beth) Grohman

--
    09/02/2015 03:31 PM
    Cheltzi Wilson, could you send me a copy of the ordinance and licenses. Thanks
    Beth Grohman, Clerk , Village of Lexington
    lexingtonclerk@att.net
    Mary Clark

--
    09/03/2015 08:25 AM
    Cheltzi,
    Could you please email me your ordinances. They did not attach to your post. MClark@deltami.gov. Thanks!
    Kristine (Kris) Hazeres

--
    05/13/2016 01:56 PM
    Does anyone have info on a Veterans License in regard to Mobile Food Vending ordinances?
    Linda Casperson

--
    05/13/2016 02:55 PM
    LICENSE TO SELL GOODS (EXCERPT)
    Act 359 of 1921

35.441 Right of honorably discharged member of armed forces to sell goods; condition; license.
    Sec. 1.

Every honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States who served at least 180 days of active duty service in the armed forces or has a service connected disability as a result of that service and is a resident of this state has the right to sell his or her own goods within this state if the proceeds from the sale of the goods are to be used for the direct personal benefit or gain of that former member, by procuring a license for that purpose issued as provided in this act, which shall be valid for a period of 1 year.

What we do is process them like any other vendor with a background check. They provide proof of service i.e. Veteran's ID. We do not charge them.

Linda Casperson,
    Niles City Clerk
    You are not authorized to post a reply.