From: Melanie Ryska, Director, Chair Education
Lewis Bender, Director of the Michigan Clerks Institute
Mary Bender, Institute Coordinator
Chris Swope, President MAMC
Subject: Re-schedule of the Clerks Institute March 14 – 19, 2021 or March 21 – 26, 2021
The State of Michigan's health emergency has been extended until August 11. Therefore, the MAMC Board of Directors has determined that it is in the best interest of everyone involved to cancel the Institute that was rescheduled to August 16 – 21. The plan is to conduct the Institute next year, March 14 – 19, 2021, or March 21 – 26, 2021.
What does this mean for you if you are planning to attend the Institute next Spring?
- If you plan to next Spring, your hotel reservations at the Comfort Inn or the Fairfield Inn will be booked as appropriate for either March 14 – 19, 2021, or March 21 – 26, 2021. You do not need to contact the hotel. (Please note – if you have already canceled your room - you need to recontact the Comfort Inn at 989-772-4000.) You will receive an email confirming the new reservation.
- If you plan to attend next year, your Institute registration will also be transferred as appropriate to either the first or second week, based on your original reservation.
- You do not need to contact MAMC unless you want to make a change. (We will be flexible with changing weeks, based on availability.)
- If you have canceled your registration for August, you will need to register again.
What does this mean if you are not planning to attend the Institute next year?
- You need to cancel your Institute registration and request a full refund, in writing and emailed to info@ michiganclerks.org or faxed to MAMC at 517-371-1170. Cancellation requests received after 14 days before the conference date or no shows will be charged the full registration fee and are not entitled to any refund.
- You will be responsible for contacting the Comfort Inn (989-772-4000) or the Fairfield Inn (989-775-5000) to cancel hotel reservations.
We wish each of you the very best, and we look forward to seeing you next year. In the meantime, please watch for information about virtual classes that will be offered to MAMC members later this summer and fall.
If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact MAMC Institute Program Director, Mary Bender.