In an effort to promote participation in the Michigan Municipal Clerks Institute to those who seek
professional knowledge and growth, MAMC offers an annual scholarship to assist a member
whose local governmental unit does not or cannot financially support educational endeavors and
who has been unable to procure financial assistance through other means.
Following are the guidelines for awarding of educational scholarships to attend the Institute
for Municipal Clerks as conducted by the current IIMC accredited facility Central Michigan
- Member of MAMC.
- Must be a full time City, Township or Village Clerk or a full time Deputy City, Township or
Village Clerk performing the duties of the Clerk.
- The scholarship can apply to the first, second or third year of the Institute.
- The applicant must also be denied funds by the municipality.
- The Education Committee will review the application based on need and merit, then will
make a recommendation of approval of the scholarship to the Board of Directors.
In an effort to promote professional knowledge and growth and avail to all members the valuable conference experience, the MAMC offers an Annual Conference Scholarship. These scholarships will be offered to members whose municipality does not financially support conference participation and is otherwise unable to procure funding.
The very purpose of our organization is to enhance, improve and promote the professional development of municipal clerks and, accordingly, provide the opportunities to accomplish this. As a comprehensive educational and networking experience, the MAMC Annual Conference provides invaluable opportunities for the municipal clerk who may be restricted from participating by a lack of funding.
The Scholarship is for the conference registration fee only. Following are the criteria for awarding an Annual Conference Scholarship:
- Member of MAMC.
- Full time City, Township or Village Clerk or a full time Deputy Clerk performing the duties of the Clerk.
- Confirmation that funds were denied by the municipality.
- One (1) Conference Scholarship awarded per member only.
Contact Mary Clark at (517) 323-8500
Send Application to:
120 N. Washington Square
Lansing, MI 48933